Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Wrinkle Fighting Recipe

Veggie Sandwich on Whole Wheat Pita

Tomatoes, ½-inch diced
Red onions, ½-inch diced
Black olives, chopped
Whole wheat pita, cut in half to form two pockets
2 lettuce leaves
¼ cup Hummus

1. Mix together the tomato, onion, and olives

2. Place a lettuce leaf in each pocket. Stuff the pockets with the vegetables and Hummus.

Makes 1 serving. You can add 3 ounces of cooked, cubed chicken breast or cooked, cubed salmon to the sandwich.

PS: On a personal note, it’s been about 2 weeks since I started my own Shape Up for Summer Challenge. And part of that challenge is adding healthy choices to my diet. I admit, I’m a fast-food fiend. But lately, I have added raw fruits and vegetables to my meals and opted for a veggie sandwich like the one above instead of a burger. Have you made healthier choices as part of our Shape Up for Summer Challenge?

0 comments:

Post a Comment